Sunday, January 1, 2012

Policy

Nhv is a sandwich commercial.  Nhv is a pizza convention.  Nhv is a sunset, a walk down the street, and a conversation with an old friend.  It's all of these.  I don't own it.  I just hold onto it and keep it fresh for the next generation.  

I built it using as much free stuff as possible.  Soundcloud, Twitter, Youtube, and Blogger.  Then I made it interactive with streaming Google Calendar.  As I learned how to use the web, I found that all of these services complimented one another nicely, and that each was just a way of expressing any given particular idea.  Some ideas are better captured as audio (Soundcloud.Com/NewHavenAudio).  While others are better seen as video (Youtube.Com/NhvOrg).  Some videos are a little more quality (Vimeo.Com/NHV), and a few more are uploaded on the fly on a cellphone (Youtube.com/Townofnewhavendotorg).

All of those services work together to bring you the news.  But it's not the news that you normally hear, because it comes from me.  I've worked to find people to share it with.  Folks who can write a good article, and people whose perspectives I agree with.  I hope to work with them and use it not just for reciting the news, but for trying to organize society to be more progressive.  

You don't have to pay any money to get information up here.  It just has to be relevant.  If you want to make a video for your business, work with Outpost, a collection of local artists, videographers, film editors and musicians who probably have served you at a cofeeshop.  They work together with local talent to bring your business more positive attention for a reasonable rate.