Sunday, July 14, 2013

Oystering at Pardee-Morris

Today from 2pm - 4pm, the New Haven Museum is boasting of an interesting activity.

The New Haven Museum’s Pardee-Morris House is a 6,000 sq. ft 18th-century farmhouse located on Lighthouse Road on the east shore of New Haven harbor. Built by Amos Morris around 1750, the house was burned by the British during their raid on New Haven in 1779 and rebuilt by the Morris family. It remained in that family until 1915, when it was purchased by William Pardee, a descendant of the Morris family, who hoped to make it his home. Pardee died in 1918 and willed the property, along with a small endowment, to the New Haven Museum, then known as the New Haven Colony Historical Society. Today, the Pardee-Morris House is open seasonally for events, classes and tours.

View Larger Map