Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Art at the NHFPL - Reception Saturday

Kristina Zallinger "Flash in the Pan"
30"x30" acrylics on canvas
"Color Out of the Blue"
Paintings by Kristina Zallinger

New Haven Free Public Library Gallery
(lower level) 133 Elm Street, New Haven, CT
Artists' Reception: Saturday June 1st, 2-4pm

"My paintings are all about color and texture," says Kristina Zallinger. "I live in a world surrounded by it. With each of them I try to dazzle the viewer with delight! I have been told that my work makes people happy. That is my intention. Often people miss the presence of color. I like to remind them of it. I isolate a flower garden, a piece of glass, my approach to a waterfall and any images that I see in my mind. The color and texture both create a feeling of depth within the canvas. I often quip that 'color is my middle name!' "


*******************************************************
Artists' Reception: Saturday June 1st, 2 to 4 PM.
Exhibition: May 30 - July 2, 2013
Gallery Hours: Monday - Thursday 10 AM - 8 PM; Friday and Saturday 10 AM to 5 PM.

View Larger Map